Developing the Quick Quest.
Below are the steps I followed when developing my Quick Quest.
· Read all introductory reading
· Review all Examples and published tips
· Identify a situation that a DSR will find thought provoking
· Document the situation
· Title the situation using catchy words.
· Review the Pathfinder from (Module 6)
· Review the problem developed in Module Four
· Compose a Quick quest that incorporates the problem in Module 4 and the Pathfinder
· Compose a evaluation that the learner can complete individually
· Compose a conclusion to the Quick Quest.
· Review the Quick Quest.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I found that the steps you took were very similiar to the steps that I took to develop the QuickQuest. The only thing I think you forgot was teh brainstorming aspect, unless you came into this activity already knowing your scenario. How do you plan on implementing your QuickQuest?
Jeff
As I understand your QuickQuest, an important component of the QuickQuest that is implied but not stated is the estimated driving time. Even if a web site gives the estimated driving time for a given route, an assessment is needed to decide if that is accurate. In fact deciding if the new driver is up to the task will in part be based on how doable the task is for the average “experienced” driver. If the estimated driving time is well within reason for an average experienced driver, then the changes are better that the new driver will succeed, but that is not a guarantee.
I think it will be very interesting to see how deep your students get into estimated driving time of an experienced driver verses an inexperienced driver. Also will the students think to address the concept of contingency plans. For example - if the truck breaks down, then what?
This is a challenging real world QuickQuest.
Interesting concept, there could be another component: I just bought a TOMTOM and that gives several options to driving a specific route. What if a student chooses that device? That would be an option.
Post a Comment