My journey of this class was winding and full of success as much as it was of failure. When this class started it is safe to say I felt as though a had a full grasp on the concept that was to be taught. I had strong opinions and a system I followed to create and evaluate my training modules. Regardless I felt that if I did the work I would easily pass the class and move forward to get my degree. I was partially right but I also did not realize that I was going to need to do more than work. I learned that I needed to invest some emotion, research the other side, and create a new outlook.
When I was developing this new outlook, I many times researched many dead ends or things that did not contribute to the subject I wanted to learn. Nevertheless, for every five resources that did not contribute I found 1 that did contribute and appealed to my style of learning. The same was true when deciding what training module to apply a new technique to.
I enjoyed:
Using the new Bloom’s Taxonomy
PBL
Questioning techniques
Web Quest
The Rule Brick
Big 6
One thing that I would change about the class is to gear it towards training as well as a classroom. Currently my work is trying to go all web based for training thus me taking the class. Many times, I was asked to evaluate my classroom or school. In addition, technically I do not have one and not all questions applied to my training program.
Through out this class I learned about many of the difficulties teachers face daily. I also learned many ways to organize and implement projects to learners. Through this course, I have built my online library to include new resources that I have already used in my professional career. This course also required that I analyze training modules that I have created. Through these analyses, I have not only seen the modules from a new light but also added and enhanced the modules. Because of these enhancements, I have been praised at work several times.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I too walked away with an on-line library of sources I can now use in my classroom. I hope I can take an enlightening class like this every couple of years.
Post a Comment