This week I was to work with a team to present a different types of online training tools. I enjoyed thinking of the portion that i was able to present (Interactive PowerPoint Quizzes) This not only allowed me to demonstrate how I have applied what I have learned from the my Classes. In addition, I was able to take a deeper look at what the tool i was using could do that I had not yet capitalized.
As far as the team assessment goes I have to admit I am a little disappointed, in myself and a little in my teammates. It would have been nice if every participant could have used a collaboration tool that was presented. I attempted to take a lead at this by creating a WIKI in hopes that others would have wanted to use another collaboration tool. I realize more now that it would have been better to ask each group member to pick a collaboration tool to use rather than assume that they would take my very suttle hint.
In addition, I did set up two WIKIs and it is Saturday and they have not used it yet. However, I am optimistic that it will be used Sunday when Eric collaborates our work. I am a little disappointed in that if it was working that they didn't ask the instructor for assistance.
In the end, the responsibility lies with me. And if I have another group assignment I will present the idea with the team immediately and be mor forthright with my goals for the assignment.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Linnea: The interactive PowerPoint quizzes you describe in your midterm are well suited to training programs – your addition of audio even better. You’ve also touched on a common feeling in learner led authentic assessment…so many different formats to use to arrive at end product...the difficulty being in deciding which to use. Very perceptive comment.
Post a Comment