After reading the Weblog Case Study: Case study of weblog use in an online Rhetoric and Writing class. I see how blogs can better assist us in many ways to allow learners to be the creator of their learning instead of traditional instructor centered learning. I especially enjoyed how they stated that this is not perfect and not all students participate equally or take away the same experience as others. And as all learning experiences, blogging will only be as effective to the learner if they are fully engaged and take full control of their own learning. They did this by surveying each student.
I do have a few questions about how we are going to utilize blogging.
How are we going to create the collaborative learning environment (Small groups, or class groups)
How are we going to locate each other. Is the discussion board the only way to do this? If there was no discussion board what would the alternative be?
How are you able to evaluate our use? Do we have to give you access or do you automatically have access to blogs because you are apart of each type of blog. Do you find it difficult to manage each bog if you had an account?
Linnea
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Linnea, I appreciate your questions. Small groups will be formed this week and the members will determine how and where to meet and organize. You will have an initial group space available in this courseware. Look forward to the fun! ~ Datta Kaur
Post a Comment