This week I am most struggling with finding the most creative and engaging way to present my class. I am thinking of adding videos and other visually appealing items. In addition I am using some of the items that my group members presented in the midterm. Is that OK?
The first assignment for this week was particularly exiting because I have created surveys in the past for pre and post assessments of knowledge. It was nice to view the different free sites available. however I found that what I use at work offers the same thing and is easier to incorporate into my class sites through share point.
Lastly this class kinda came together for me today. I think I always knew what tools I could use, I just never made the connection that the tools were ways to asses learning. I really felt like I needed more tests and the discussions and reflections were too easy for students to be assessments, Today I asses more with open ended questions and reflections then I ever did the day this class began. And I am confident that I know what the learners have gained from my classes.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Linnea, this is wonderful news. I always wait for that 'aha' moment when the course content sincerely serves the authentic goals of the students. So happy that yours came now.
I am here in your blog now looking for answer to your blogspot challenge. I do not currently hold a blogspot blog, but will set one up to experience your frustration but also help with solutions.
Onward! ~ Datta Kaur
Linnea,
I see that your survey questions were a clever way to elicit learning style information from your students. Well done and glad to hear that you are already quite an expert in this area.
Datta Kaur
Post a Comment